Archives

Here come a few new Challengers!

You’d think that, after nearly a month since I posted about my next project, I’d have something to show for it… Well, I don’t. I place the blame mostly on the frustrating but excellent XCOM: Enemy Unknown but there’s also the fact that it’s simply a big task to clean up the parts. Progress has been made, just not enough to show her off yet. There’s still a tonne of work to be done. But in the meantime, my purchases from back at Wonder Festival have arrived! Due to some miscommunication, it took a while for things to be sorted out but they’re here now!

In the end, I managed to get 2 out of my 4 initial targets. Sheryl Nome continues to elude me as did Kuroyukihime but I managed to get battle mode Mu-12 and Asuna!

The blank box is meant to be Mu-12. I’ve done a quick parts check and it looks like mu suffers from the same issue as Noel. There’s a crapload of flash on many of the parts and certain areas look incredibly rough, though I suspect that cleanup will be more time consuming than difficult, much like Noel is currently. No obvious air holes though, which is a massive plus. Noel has lots! Asuna fared much better. Her parts are much better made and cleaner overall but one thing which didn’t come across from initial pics is that her legs are a rather odd pose and look too wide apart… It’s only noticeable from certain angles but it does stand out a fair bit…

And in case anyone is curious, here’s a glimpse of what the 2 should look like once completed…

At the rate I’m going though kits, expect them to be complete around 2016… If we’re lucky!

But since we’re talking about GK, I guess I can show a few pics of Noel…

This is a typical issue which I had to deal with for al the parts, massive seam lines. There was also rough cuts in some areas, some pegs needed to be shaved off so it would fit with the other part (the hole for the right leg in the pic above was a good example of this) and various other issues need to be dealt with before I can even start putting her together and painting her. There’s a long way to go yet…

And this is the part after some more work was done. Still not finished with it yet though. Luckily, the resin is pretty soft so it’s easy to work with. It’s not a matter of the cleanup being difficult, but it is incredibly time consuming and with other huge timesinks on my plate at the moment, perhaps it’s no wonder progress hasn’t been as fast as it could have been…

Oh well, I can only knuckle down and get on with it!